- This event has passed.
Anatomy & Biomechanics Mini-Intensive (CEUs) (Rockville, MD)
April 9, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT$49
Join Dr. Ariele Foster, physical therapist and interdisciplinary yoga teacher, for a deep anatomy refresher for asana studies with current teachers, dedicated students and yoga teachers-to-be.
Learning anatomy can and should be playful, fun and applicable to your yoga practice or yoga teaching.
This mini-Intensive will explore:
– 10 Principles of Anatomy-Informed Yoga Teaching (or Practice)
– The Art of Anatomy-Based Sequencing (for teaching or for home practice)
– Harnessing reflexes, Contract-Relax, and Muscle Energy techniques
– The Science of Seeing Students (refined vision of the limiting factor(s))
– Adjustment Toolbox: press points, energetic sweeps, soft tissue and joint mobilizations
– Preparing students for true breakthroughs
Anatomy of the lower and upper body, core and low back, and shoulders, arms wrist and neck will be woven throughout the day.
This workshop is designed for yoga teachers, yoga therapists and dedicated students of yoga. 2 CEUs are available for yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance or yoga therapists certified through IAYT — fee for certificate of completion is an additional $5, payable to Ariele Foster.
For more info on Ariele, founder of Yoga Anatomy Academy, see: