- This event has passed.
ONLINE WORKSHOP: Lumbar Spine, SI Joints and Pelvis
July 26, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Registration coming soon!
Lumbar Spine, SI joints and Pelvis: an online workshop with Dr. Ariele Foster, PT, DPT, E-RYT 500, founder of YogaAnatomyAcademy.com
This workshop is designed to elevate the anatomic and biomechanical understanding of yoga teachers and practitioners in a practical and functional way.
– Learn the bones and joint structure as well as muscle and other relevant soft tissue of the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joints and pelvis.
– Make sense of the biomechanics – the kinematics (visible movements) and arthrokinematics (joint level movements) in the context of yoga asana and functional movement
– Explore the role of the lumbar spine and the sacrum in vinyasa, standing and seated poses
– Understand safe movement strategies for a variety of bodies
– Prepare students and ourselves for true breakthroughs (physical, knowledge-based or other!)
– Walk away with new insights to apply to your own body and your teaching and keep your practice sustainable, and you health and happy.
This workshop is geared toward yoga teachers, but welcomes all yoga enthusiasts. There are no pre-requisites, and all are welcome.
Your instructor, Dr. Ariele Foster, is a physical therapist, interdisciplinary yoga teacher since 2001, and founder of YogaAnatomyAcademy.com. Learn more about her at sacredsourceyoga.com/about
Due to the compressed nature of this workshop (it normally runs 3 hours), we will start promptly and Platform: we’ll use Zoom to connect.
Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers and Yoga Therapists
– This workshop counts as 2 CONTACT hours for Yoga Alliance and for International Association of Yoga Therapy
– This workshop will take place on Zoom. You will have the option to have your video on or off, but we strongly recommend keeping it on for interactive purposes (just like an in-person workshop)
– Attend on time and stay for the length of the workshop to get the contact hours certificate
How to prepare for this workshop:
Bring a pen and paper. Although there will be slides, and a recording will be available for 48 hours, there’s nothing like the brain-hand connection!
Though this will NOT be a movement-heavy workshop, wear clothes to move in as needed
Have your yoga mat nearby (or at least a blanket for when on the floor), a comfortable place to sit and any yoga props you have at home
If you don’t own yoga props: Have a throw pillow and a regular belt, and / or a few therabands nearby
Laptops or desktops will give you a bigger screen to see slide details than mobile devices
Wearing (charged) bluetooth headphones will likely enable you to hear better, and enable us to hear you if you have a question
Please use your REAL name (the one you would like the teacher to call you), using the same name you would use to sign in for the workshop
One person per registration
All participants must be pre-registered
Registration will open soon!