- This event has passed.
ONLINE WORKSHOP: Lumbar Spine, SI joints and Pelvis
April 25 @ 10:00 am - 1:15 pm EDT$50
Part lecture, part practice and part discussion, this workshop is designed to elevate the anatomic and biomechanical understanding of yoga teachers and practitioners in a practical and functional way.
- Learn the bony structure of the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joints and pelvis.
- Learn the basic muscle, fascia and other soft tissue structures
- Make sense of the biomechanics – the kinematics (visible movements) and arthrokinematics (joint level movements) in the context of yoga asana and functional movement
- Explore the role of the lumbar spine and the sacrum in vinyasa, standing and seated poses
- Practice safety strategies for a variety of conditions, for a variety of bodies
- Prepare students and ourselves for true breakthroughs (physical, knowledge-based or other!)
- Walk away with new insights to apply to your own body and your teaching and keep your practice sustainable, and you health and happy.
This workshop is geared toward yoga teachers, but welcomes all dedicated yoga practitioners.
3 Contact hour CEUs for Yoga Teachers and Yoga Therapists