Function has become a trendy word in the yoga and fitness space. But what it means is different person to person. And “function” alone isn’t necessarily a positive driver of complete musculoskeletal well-being.
In this audio recording of a live workshop, Dr. Ariele Foster (physical therapist, yoga teacher):
- Unpacks the meaning of the word “function”,
- Instructs “functional” movements that compliment a yoga practice, and will strengthen your yoga or movement teaching
- Defines movement efficiency
- Details how to incorporate functional mobility into a yoga class or practice, and into daily life
- Explains her acronym “WWAND” (What would a ninja do?)
This workshop is geared toward anyone wishing for better mobility for life, yoga teachers, and yoga students.
Your purchase includes:
Two mp3 downloads (part 1 and part 2 of the workshop) totalling 3 hours of audio
PDF of Bulleted Action Points for concrete ways to incorporate function into your yoga practice or classes
Your instructor, Dr. Ariele Foster, is a physical therapist, founder of Yoga Anatomy Academy, and long time interdisciplinary yoga teacher.